ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSTS OF ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (FINANCE & ACCOUNTING) – EUGENE DUPUCH LAW SCHOOL
The Council of Legal Education invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Assistant Registrar (Finance & Accounting) at the Eugene Dupuch Law School, Nassau, The Bahamas.
The Assistant Registrar (Finance) will offer support to the Law School in relation to all matters connected to the financial and property management of the Law School and is also responsible for providing leadership and innovative management in the relevant processes and procedures that ensures sound record keeping and financial prudence
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties on Wednesday, August 1, 2018. The position is a full-time one and no outside employment may be undertaken without the prior approval of the Council of Legal Education. The appointment will be by contract for three (3) years in the first instance and is renewable.
The duties and responsibilities of the post include:
• Ensuring the maintenance of proper internal financial records as per standard accounting practices
• Ensuring the Law School’s property is properly accounted for, depreciated and replaced as needed
• Effecting of timely and accurate payment of expenses of the Law School
• Ensuring that proper Internal Control procedures are created (where necessary) and maintained in the making of payments and the ordering and acquisition of property and services
• Assisting in development of finance policy and procedures
• Assisting in development of annual budget assumptions and framework
• Compiling annual budget
• Preparing Income and Expenditure Variance Reports with quarterly report of analysis on same to Principal, Registrar and Heads of Department
• Planning and implementation of the student registration activity to include assisting the Registrar with the scheduling of fee installment payments
• Monitoring of student fee payment schedules to ensure timely payment of fee installments by students
• Assisting in implementing a school wide strategic plan to guide the operations of the various departments in accordance with the Council of Legal Education’s Strategic Plan.
• Preparing monthly Bank reconciliations
• Reviewing and sign-off of petty cash reconciliations
• Maintaining access/ security over unused, unsigned cheques
• Liaising with external auditors for proper completion of the year-end audit
• Preparing job letters and staff over time forms
• Liaising with Office of Finance, University of The West Indies
• Liaising with Finance Officer – Office of the Attorney General
• Monitoring and performing monthly reconciliation of employee loan and advance accounts
• Offering operational support to Registrar’s office
• Performing such other duties as the Principal may from time to time assign
• Supervises the Accounting Clerk by providing training and coaching for professional development
• Identifies opportunities to enhance the services of the department
• Coordinates with Department Heads to establish financial/operational needs
• Promotes teamwork to heighten mutual understanding and cooperation
• Independent and quick thinker.
• Ability to perform duties without supervision.
• Diplomacy and tact.
• Organized and disciplined.
• Adept communicator and public speaker.
• Confident and inspiring.
• Courteous and considerate.
• Principal- Budget; Salaries and Emoluments
• Registrar- Operations
Qualifications and Experience
A minimum qualification of a first degree in management and accounting from a recognized tertiary institution; and
• Five Years’ Experience in accounting operations to include Bank and Cash management and the preparation of Budgets. and
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with the other programmes of the Microsoft Office Suite.
A letter of application, curriculum vitae and supporting documents and references from three (3) referees should be submitted not later than Friday, June 15, 2018 to:
(i) The Principal, Eugene Dupuch Law School, Old NIB Building/ Parliamentary Registration Building, Farrington Rd., Nassau, The Bahamas; and
(ii) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive salary and allowances offered. Information relating to salary and allowances may be directed to the Office of the Principal, Eugene Dupuch Law School at 1-242-326-8507/8
Only short-listed applications will be acknowledged. Late applications will not be considered.